Thursday, August 6, 2009

Finding the meaning, the light

"Lotus flowers grow from muddy swamps into beautiful symbols of creation & rebirth..."


Photobucket


This year is full of "re-birth" for me. I am still sifting through and reflecting. A lot of meaning. A lot of everything. I am finding my true self, my true meaning. Through the fire, I have been taught something invaluable. I can/have/will get through the dark, to be greeted with light. I believe in myself now more than ever.

Infertility nearly broke my spirit, my marriage, my love. But I came out from under it, holding a miracle. I want nothing more than to be a mother, a wife, a provider to my family. I love children and their meaning... Life goes on. I want, I hurt, to be a mother to more children. I sometimes do not understand why I, can not. To understand would be silly, where would the lesson come from?

Each day I am woken up by the happiest, bright eyed, miracle. I smile, put my running shoes on, and go out to learn. Each trial, smile, tear, giggle, I learn.

My marriage, my love, we walk, we talk, we BELIEVE. Together. Without him, I am lost. Without me, he is lost. We have learned to nuture, to trust, to grow together, to never let go. We may never understand the paths of infertitlity or other trials. But we walk, sometimes run, to the light ahead. Because, through darkness, we find light... the lesson. We also have learned that neither is more important than having eachother.

This year I have learned that for my family to be healthy, happy, I must be healthy, happy. Infertility left many "burns". One, my weight. I gained from the drugs, the bedrest, the "eating for two". Infertility left me depressed long after we triumphed. I had no interest in being healthy, happy. Then God stepped in. The trials that led me to my wake up need not be discussed. I woke up. I needed to listen.... so I did.

Little by little, I realised, I was on this path for a reason. I wasnt left to be forgotten. I was carried and He put me down to teach me to walk. For myself.

9 months later, ironically I know, I have lost all 45 pounds of my "baby" weight after having my baby 3 and a half years ago. Still with 10 pounds more to go until my goal, I have never been happier or healthier. My lesson, learned.

As to a baby, I am still learning. He is still teaching. I am learning he is always teaching, Gracie is teaching me for Him, I to her. It may not ever happen, the baby. But I have learned this year it is His timing, His love for us, that He delivers. He knows what is best for us. He hears me, as I hear him, he listens as I do to him. The lessons are sometimes hard, and hurt. He will always answer, it may not be expected or in ways I wanted, but always for the best.

I know for sure, there will always be light. So I will continue to walk.

2 comments:

  1. What a great and VERY true post. God will lead us where we need to go and nurture us the whole way! I have a best friend going through infertility issues right now, and I try and be positive always for her. I know (as does she) that God has a plan and it will happen for her! You are such an amazing woman of God, I am SO happy to know you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn,
    I cannot believe I missed this post, I would have missed out on something so beautiful if I ahd not read this piece. I feel your pain through your words,not all women have a strong desire to have children, some want none some want just one and others like yourself want a houseful!!! God does hear your cries and in Psalms 116 it says I love the lord because he hears my voice and my Prayer for mercy, I will pray as long as I have breath, and if you keep asking he will hear you. I understand he doesn't always answer the way we think but we have to have faith and understanding he knows the best for us. I so wish this was something we all could fix, I understand the pain as simple as Corie's problem was how devastating it was for me and them, when she had her miscarriage it was like my heart had been ripped out of me, and I could hardly get it together to go in to that hospital room to comfort her and Will but I had to pull my self together and give them all the love and supposrt they needed. So I understand your pain, but now that I know the desires of your heart --I will be Praying for a Baby for your family!!!!!
    Hugs and my love,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete