Saturday, September 5, 2009

Where is this place anyway???

So... I am running in the Bisbee 1000 marathon the weekend of October 17th. I am in the process of begging   asking someone to join me. I get scared all alone in a small town, one I dont think I have ever been to either. Today I actually muster some courage to register myself for this and find a hotel room to stay in Friday night before the race... and maybe for Saturday night after I die from exhaustion. Decisions, Decisions.

Anywho... I am looking at a local Bisbee website for a hotel. Preferrably one that does not tout, "Historic and many guests have said they have seen ghosts". Really??? I do not need to be worrying about a ghost from a far away past life, while walking the hallways to my room. I am hoping these "ghosts" are not those of past Bisbee 1000 marathons.

Then, I find a hotel. Seems nice, price is right, no scary apparitions to brag about.... and then this,
Children 10 and up OK. Children 9 & under subject to review
I am sorry... but what? Then I read further on all of the other listings and they pretty much let you know, dogs...yes, but children are subject to approval. WTH???

Point is, I am going up with probably 2 girlfriends. There will be not one child with us, but as a mother of a young child, I am, well, on my soap box I guess.

So now, I look forward to... 2 girlfriends, kicking and screaming, most likely from the trunk of a car, a hotel that states your child is "subject to review" but dogs are perfectly welcome, 1000+ stairs to climb at 7am, and a ghost walking my hallway.


Registration- $40
T-shirt- $15
Hotel without ghosts- $104
Running 1000+ stairs with 2 supportive friends- PRICELESS!


2 comments:

  1. HI CAROLYN!!!!
    Gosh good job that you are up for that!!!! Corie and I have been saying for a while now we just want to run in a 5-K, or at least that is my starting point, Corie is thinking 1/2 marathon, but not me!!! Anywho, 1,000 stairs would KILL me for sure!!!! I'M still in SHOCK over the hotel listing about Children!!! Are they really serious???? That is terrible!!!!!
    Bisbee is NOT that popular to be so exclusive!!!!
    I have heard ghost stories about it though!!!LOL
    have fun and keep us posted on how hard it is!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO Carolyn!!! I would have totally done this with you, however I havent trained AT ALL!!! Good luck and cant wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete