Thursday, July 9, 2009

Learning to grow

Next week starts back up swimming lessons for Gracie's FINAL session... yay! She has 2 weeks left of 3 days a week being taught to kick, blow bubbles and more importantly, open her eyes! Oh and not to spit in Mrs. Sarah's face. :)

We also will be starting gymnastics this Saturday. I NEVER knew how to tumble and my cheering skills, well, lets just say my tryout was out of a comedy act.... "Go Mountains!"... or shall the correct be... "Go Lions" eh, mountains, lions... whatever. ;) This sweat pea wants to do everything and we will try with all our might to make sure she is able to try whatever she wants and keep doing whatever she LOVES.

Dance begins back up in August and she is happy about that. It is so adorable and fun at this age. I just love to see her smile.

We will be leaving for Lake Powell with a WONDERFUL group of friends in the coming weeks. We can not wait. These two couples and their familes have been there and stood by both Bobby and I. I love my "Soul Sistahs" and they make going to the gym a whole lot better everyday. Their children are amazingly charming and so wonderful for Grace. They pray for us and with us, they listen, they hug, they pick up the phone and they dont expect a thing in return. That is how you know you are blessed.

Going through this "storm" this year has definately brought Bobby and myself closer. People who I havent seen in years have reached out and prayed for us and sent lovely little notes of encouragement to us (Thanks Corie and Jamie!... to name a few) Many, for some reason or another, have backed away. And that is fine, but after awhile, standards that are being placed on my family have worn me down. I am not going to be criticised for making decisions that are for the better of my family and not to include you. I have dropped to my knees and have prayed and prayed and today, catalyst occuring, I am over it. I am at peace with my decision.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO happy you guys were able to go to Sprinkles...it is a bad habit to start, but a yummy one! I SO wish we lived closer and could get together.......you are exactly the kind of friend I LOVE to spend time with!:) So excited to see all the upcoming pics of Miss Grace swimming and tumbling.....she is SO cute and she is so lucky to have you and Bobby for parents! Oh, and PLEASE add me to your blog list, LOVE reading yours.....corieconnelly@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI CAROLYN!!!
    Yes yes, PLease include me on your blog list!!!
    I too am a Sprinkles Cupcake or any cupcake for that matter fan!!!!!
    I cannot wait until Miss C can swim,dance tumble, play softball, volleyball, tennis, sing, play the piano or what ever she wants to do as long as it is pleasing to the lord and with that said she can DO ALOT!!!!!
    So happy for the journey that has brought you and your family to this place, it is a journey not a destination!!!!
    love ya honey
    and YES we need to have a lunch date real soon!!!!
    Bring your Momma!!!!
    jamie--mimi
    jamiegibbs@hotail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn,
    I will have to have Corie put your blogsite into my followers list so I can get to you and not forget you, as now it will not come up on my dashboard any more :>(
    Or I think you can go to my blog and click follow, I'm not sure which way it works!!!!
    Love ya,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jamie! I will add you to who I follow... been meaning to do that anyway :) Hope that fixes it. XO

    ReplyDelete